Located just minutes away from Atlanta in Decatur, Georgia, the Historic DeKalb Courthouse is the perfect venue for wedding ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners, holiday parties, fund-raisers, and more. The marble walls and beautifully arched windows are the perfect backdrop for your historic event.
- White folding chairs
- Round, rectangular, and highboy tables
- Bridal Suite with private bathroom and kitchenette
- Groom’s Room
- Baby Grand Piano
- City of Decatur Bandstand (404-371-8386 for info)
- 2 dedicated parking spaces
The Courtroom is the main event space, with its historic marble walls, terrazzo floors and arched windows, it is ideal for wedding ceremonies and receptions. At 2,600 sq.ft., it can accommodate 150 people seated at tables. The Harrison Room features plenty of daylight and hardwood floors, and it is often used for buffets. The Lobby is often used for cocktail hour or a check-in area.
Evenings & Weekends
All evening and weekend rentals are building rentals that include the: Courtroom, Harrison Room, Lobby, Groom’s Room, and Bridal Suite for 8 hours. The first 2 hours are for setup and the last hour is for cleanup. The remaining 5 hours can be used for ceremony, cocktail hour, and/or reception. The ceremony and reception take place in the Courtroom and there is a room flip while guests attend cocktail hour in the lobby. Renters usually hire one of our Preferred Caterers to setup, flip, breakdown/cleanup the event. Renters may add up to 2 additional hours for $350 each. Pricing excludes Holidays.
- Mon-Thurs (4pm-12am) — $1,350
- Friday (4pm-12am) — $2,700
- Saturday (after 2pm) — $3,500
- Sunday (anytime) — $2,700
Weekdays (Mon-Thurs, 9am-5pm)
For small weekday events (50 people max), the Courtroom is available to rent in 4 hour min blocks. Weekday rentals include the Courtroom, Groom’s Room, and Bridal Suite. Ceremony only. No food allowed.
- Mon-Thurs (9am-5pm) — $650
How to Book A Date
Please submit a Booking Form. We will send you an online invoice for the Booking Deposit (50% of the Rental Rate). Once the invoice is paid, you will be booked. The remainder, including fees, is due 90 days prior to the event. Payment is due in full at the time of booking if your event is within 90 days or the rental rate is under $1,000. The booking deposit is not refundable.
A refundable Damage Deposit is due for all rentals. Deposits will be refunded if the building is clean, trash removed, chairs and tables properly stored, and all rules followed. Any overages in time and/or damage caused by guests or vendors will be taken out of the Damage Deposit.
- Weekday Rentals: $250 (no food/drink) or $500 (with food/drink) due in cash the day of.
- Evening and Weekend: $500 (with a preferred caterer) or $1,000 (without a preferred caterer) due 90 days prior in cash, check, or money order.
A Police Officer is required to be on site whenever alcohol is served. We will hire a uniformed off-duty Police Officer to be here from cocktail hour to last call. The fee is $50 per hour for a minimum of 3 hours.
A one hour Rehearsal is included. Rehearsals are scheduled 90 days prior and are scheduled around other events. In general, weekday rehearsals are scheduled from 3pm-4pm Monday -Friday. Rehearsals on Saturday are usually scheduled from 1pm-2pm. All rehearsal times are subject to change.
Renters may provide their own alcohol however, it must be served by licensed/insured servers. Our preferred caterers can provide bar setup and service. Alcohol and other non-perishable items may be delivered on Friday at 9am or during your 1 hour rehearsal. Items will be locked in 1 of 3 storage closets. All items must be removed by the end of the rental. DHC is not responsible for any items left in the building overnight.
All guest parking is public parking. There are 300 metered spaces (free after 6pm) and 2,200 deck/lot spaces. Below is a list of convenient public parking decks.
- DeKalb County Courthouse – 125 W Trinity Pl Decatur, GA 30030
- One West Court Square – 158 W Ponce de Leon Ave Decatur, GA 30030
- Town Center – 546 Church St Decatur, GA 30030
- Courtyard Atlanta Decatur/Emory – 130 Clairemont Ave Decatur, GA – 404.371.0204
- Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Decatur/Emory – 116 Clairemont Ave Decatur, GA – 404.377.6360
House Rules (PDF)
- We are closed Thursday & Friday, November 28 & 29
- We will be closed from Saturday, December 21 through Friday, December 27
The Historic DeKalb County Courthouse
Located just minutes away from Atlanta in Decatur, Georgia, the Historic DeKalb Courthouse is the perfect venue for wedding ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners, holiday parties, fund-raisers, bar/bat mitzvahs, reunions, meetings and more. The marble walls and beautifully arched windows are the perfect backdrop for your historic events.